Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Biggest Purchase

Ever dreamt of having your own house, from your own money, by your own sweat?
Guess everyone does, who doesn’t? Thing is, nowadays, such dream are becoming and becoming more utopic.

Face it, soaring land prices, (Over) Priced houese from the developers. On top of that, average or (if not to say) low salary and rising living costs. All these summed up together, getting your own house would be a heck of struggle.

Applied on me? Sure it does, especially here in Jakarta. Even seeking outside Jakarta, the prices are fairly similar. Sometimes, the prices doesn’t even compensate for the lack of infrastructures to it.
Like it or not, I had to face this issue sooner or later. Being the head of the family, your in the constant position to always seek out ways to improve and better the lives of your family. Having your own house is just one of them.

Do I hate my current house? Hell no! Well, its just not that I hate it, but it’s just bout anticipating my future. Staying in a (said) subsidized flat just besides the national heroes cemetry, things are fairly OKAY for the moment. Just meters away within walking distance to the train station, a shopping center just at the basement, and all amenities within close range, what more can you ask?

Well...like I said, its about the future. In a flat, you don;t have the luxury of space. In a somewhat 30m2  unit, things are pretty much packed. No room for useless things. All items must be of essential need and can be stored tedily. Otherwise, I risk making my unit a pile of garbage storage. Not to mention the lack of a garden. Meaning that there’s no green thingy to watch on and get that fresh and natural feelin.

Over the past few month, I’ve been eyed with this new land opening from a house developer in South West of Jakarta. Well, its not technically Jakarta. Anyway, since then and till now, I’m in the struggle get this house within my grasp. Although some sacrifices will ensue.
The only way I can ensre it is to secure a house loan from my office. But that means, I’m kinda pawning my life to my office. Asides from the fact that I can set it to another house mortgage or new office, I’ll be pretty much stay for the rest of my life.

Is it worth it? For me now....YES?? In my circumstances, I think its now bout now or never. Some years back, I wouldn’t be thinking of doing so. But as you get older, get more commitments, and looking prices at a never ending upward trend, you’ve just gotta have the guts.
Luckily, I’ve somewhat secured help from my ol’ man. However, I’ll be sure to repay him as soon as I can afford it. Man, I sure owe lots in my life. Even till now when I’m in need for a housing fund. Just need to get the paperwork right in all parts, and hopefully, I can secure the deal in the next month.

Sure time is ticking for me. Thus everyday, its an adrenaline rush. However, if I vision the future that I want, I guess its gonna be worth it. As for myself being tied, I don’t mind for the moment. Let’s just think bout it when you’ve already hit the upper ceiling. Not to say that I’ve haven’t. But this thing makes the ceiling go higher, and forces yourself to reach that upper ceiling.


For the future.....

No comments:

Post a Comment