Sunday, May 04, 2008

Money...Uang...お金

It's been 3 month here in perth and its heading to the final stages of my 1st semester here. With the last tuition free week passing, what's left are just heaps of final assignments from each subject to finish off. And I'm not talking bout ordinary asses, but asses with thousand word numbers like 3000-5000 words.

Not like the previous tuition free week where I kinda slacked off, this time I made things right. I managed to put everything back in order, my schedules, mentality and my health. I had to do this to avoid repeating the same mistake on the first tuition free week whiched caused me to pile work at the last moments.

Eventhough the last 5 weeks will be more of a hell, I'm quite confident on doing it coz I've managed to get things straight until now. Just need to jog things up so that everything can really be put into motion. At least, there will be no day for me without even studying. So...time to gear up.

While my mind can gear up, something is going down...which is my wallet. I thought this was only at the end of the month but it seems its gonna last for the next month of may. This definitely has caused me to tighten my spendings here for the rest of the month. One of the consequences for me are no hanging out with friends for the whole month. Even though I can, there are just many unexpected spendings bound to happen. Not to mention the high risk of having to skip prayer times, which is one thing i really despise from my friends. Don't they even remember this???:(

Eventhough I had money to hang out, with all the work to be done, It's just a wish coz my work until now has overweighed the desire to hang out. So, I guess its a blessing in disguise for me not having much money to begin with. Therefore I can concentrate more on my studies. So...a simple life is wha I'm gonna have to do for the whole month...

The only chance for me to get more money is to work here. Luckily I did make a deal on this matter, earning myself a job at a local halal butcher. Thanks goodness...at least I can fill in the holes in my pocket from my own salary. Despite the rising study work, I'm sure my work won't be in the way coz the work itself isn't that hard. I was even tod it was quite laid back with flexible hours. But then again, the trade off is that the place doesn't offer great pay to begin with.

I just hope i can survive the rest of the month with just $350 in hand. Man....that's sure tough. Even I'm gonna reduce my groceries and eat with a smaller portion. Can'tskip meals coz I'm just gonna end up sick like I did in the last week before the last tuition free week.

As for refreshments, I'm not really keen on walking around. Besides, eben if I where to walk around, I have the money to at least act as a buffer in my wallet. BUt its not of a worry. As matter of fact, I was sent 3 animonz magazine from home. Just reading these magz can make my mind fresher in the midst of the pile of work. A novel was also sent to me called "Ayat-Ayat Cinta". I was wondering whats special about this novel till it can make a huge impact in Indonesia lately/

Just 4 weeks left till the end of semester. Gotta give it ur all and struggle to the end. Maybe after that, I can really relax myself thoroughly till the start of the next semester comes. So....FIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment