Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rhymes of Life

Has anyone doubted the power of songs?Songs or.music…the oftern said universal language of this world. Has the power to convey words…meanings and feelings through endless rhythm and melodies. Regardless of what culture, race and religion, we always end up winding ourself with the rhymes of life.

OK…enough 4 the philosophical stuff…anyway…why I wrote this impulsive blog was this feeling I felt when I indulged myself thru the melodies inside my iPod. Just instincly, I turned it to randon and shuffle and let the fuzzy logic do the work on choosing the songs. Slowly…I found myself in some sort of kaleidoscope…..

The random songs in my iPod suddenly gave this sensation of how I fealt this song first when I heard it back then….the surroundings….what I was doing…what I was like…and many kinds of things…in short…it was as if I was in some sort of time capsule….going thru my life journey. Especially the rhymes before the year 2004.

Why 2004?well…first…I thought it was during this time I really hooked myself with sist BoA and the old mans of laruku….putting aside any popular songs of the time to just enjoy their masterpieces. But then….it wasn’t till I noticed later on that the songs before this year in my life was kinda like….full of meanings and life metaphors for me personally.

The songs were more rich in meanings….melodic and not to mention….personally evergreen. I know this sorta subjective…but hey….it is my blog…I can talk whatever I can :P. Each songs…has its distinct story on that particular life phase. It’s not like the songs after 2004 do not have these qualities…but I just personally feel they have lost the personal touch to me (well…except the two artists I mention above ^^).

Ah yeah…back to the metaphors…well…It’s obviously too much for to say in what metaphors they are….but in short….it gave me the nostalgic feeling of naivity….innocence….childish….rebellion….mischief….idealism….youth….fantasy and day dreaming….long list ain’t it :P…but yeah….that’s what been popping out in my mind recently.

Though you can feel this sensation as you countlessly go thru the songs anytime you want….to bad….its just a mere memento….a symbolism of what’s happened. The best for now is for it to be a neverending silent witness to the life journey we have gone thru….a long lasting melody that will always linger in our minds and hearts. An eternal rhyme of life for a classical story….eventually 

No comments:

Post a Comment