Sunday, March 27, 2011

Work in or out?

This ain’t about working out in the gym or in at our house. It’s more literally, as in would we work in our offices, as an employee, or do our own jobs, as in making one and be the employer of other people. A question in which I believe most of us would be asking to yourselves in at least a point in our lives.

I’ve done it myself once before, ad it still keeps lingering in my head as to whether I would be an employer of someone else in the future. Though it might sound an easy question, in reality it takes a lot of consideration to have the guts and embark on this journey. Though you do have the guts, all other things fall in to you and constantly challenges yourself.

The first time I asked this was around my bachelor days. It looked liked one hell of an awesome idea. Had some friends and mates asking me to join them in all sorts of ventures, from the simplest to the bizarre. However, it just never really hooked up to my mind. In the end, I merely just ended up collecting the ideas and experiences from others on what does it really take to be an entrepreneur.

As my days past, I really became more and more anxious on this thing. But i also realized somewhere along the days that this things really takes a lot of things to put at stake. Not only the mind, but money and out time would be put to test. I verified this with various books I’ve read along the way it sure did sound challenging.

The will, the money, the planning, the time and most of all . . . the mentality to put our lives in uncertainty stemming from the unclear nature of doing our own job. It really is something that you cannot do unless you have been exposed properly to the aspects in your life. The mentality to embrace uncertainty, befriend it, and feel constantly challenged with what can be done to overocome such obstacles.

With such aspects, I wouldn’t be surprise of only a handful of people really do end up succesful and both enjoying it at the same time. While i might see some people being successful, but doing both is one thing that I’ve seldom seen. For me, though the skills to be a entepreneur can be studied, it’s more about the proper exposure to the condition and the grown mentality from the early ages that differentiates these people.

But for some people, it’s not bout all those above mentioned things that really matters, its more on the force majeur in their lives that makes them like this. And honestly to say, it really does somehow work out as I’ve also seen loads of people succeeding due to this condition. But then I see the same thing, it’s more on the proper steps to make themselves prepared and exposed to.

Hence forth, I do envy these people, as i find them constantly on the voyage of finding and doing something new in their everyday lives. I to hope one day I have the sufficient preparation to embark on such journey. I don’t want to end up being a salaryman for the rest of my life. There’s gotta be something more in my life surely ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment