Saturday, June 04, 2011

When experience matters

Time flies . . . and all of a sudden . . . we’re just into the 5th round of deployment, or the second ever since entering the middle/front offices. Damn i guess a lot of things have happened over the past 4 months in MMU. From the lamest to the greatest . . . . just name it ... from weekend-ing at Singapore, double visiting Jogja and a trip to Malang. Well . . . i guess I’ve spent at least once a month going outside city. Can’t help it though, with the increasing routines and workload to swallow up, your bound to do such things sooner or later, even if it does cost some bucks, its worth it :)

And now, we’re in the CAD a.K.a Credit Analyst Department. Well, after having some heart popping weekdays preparing the BSMR test, we can now all move on the next phase. Damn it took time for the HR’s to figure out our placements. It took until H-2 for them to finally announce our destiny. Though i got the news while in Jogja, I ket following who went where. While some people did go to places where they wanted and where expected to do so, some others still didn’t. But that’s what you expect from the HR’s . . . . always with the element of surprise :p.

Anyway . . . first day of the month, of I went with two others. To be honest, every first things feel daunting, and I do still feel so even when having moving to new places. Regardless of the fact that the job description here ain’t something alien for me though as a former accounting student before, doing it first handily in the real world was something different. It’s full of the real consequences . . .

Therefore, off i went filling the first day with having myself in a mode of stage fever. Knowing what to do as I was given an assignment to analyze a certain company’s loan renewal, I was left awestruck without having a clue on what and where to begin. In the end of the day, all i managed to do was just reading out the manuals and previous works on how to get things started.

After a days break due to public holiday, the last day of the week back in office was way better (in my standards :p). I just started of with the simplest of task first. As the day started off, I received more instructions on what to do next. Hence forth, the day ended of with a days full of analyzing the financial reports. Really, even though it was just basically reading the numbers and the relationship in between them, it really left me hell drained out body and soul. Luckily I managed to have some good hang out with my TRP mates to let loose the stress out due to office the nite later.

In overall, I do somehow have mixed feelings having being placed here currently. While i cannot deny the fact that this current placement is in line with my academic qualifications, but i do realize that the job itself is more daunting since we’re talking bout real life cases. The fact that while it says its all bout analyzing, to me . . . its more bout an art being covered with calculations. There’s no shortcut in doind the job. While you can study the basics in college, what makes you a seasoned analyzer is the degree of exposure you get from doing the job continuously over and over again. Or in short . . . experience matters !

I know its normal feel helpless since i’ve just done 2 days of work. But the sheer anxiety within me keeps me from always prompting myself to keep up with the achievements of the previous rounds. Not to mention that my pride of an accounting alumni puts me on the edge to keep performing as what others expect me to do so. All i can do right now to keep opening up those accounting books of mine while also praying for the best so that I can end this round in a happy state insya Allah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment