Monday, December 17, 2007

Chloe You Ran

Oowww man, what a weekend. I finally had a weekend quite different from the others. Where I had my weekends usually around or at the outskirts of Malang, This time, I really went lost to .......Surabaya.

Yup, finally went lost there. Originally, I planned goind there to visit Adhi and stay a night at his place. But I had to change the plan and evetually cancel my stay there. But luckily Nandar joined me to Surabaya. Not only I had a companion, but I also at least experienced some new things. For Nandar, he fulfilled his wish of getting photos of trains and filming them with my camera.

Apart for him fulfilling his wish, we also did some crazy things. Ever tried walking to Tunjungan Plaza from Gubeng in broad daylight?Yup...we tried that. It really wasn't that far, lets say...1,5 kilometers approximately. But you know Surabaya right...a hot city full of pollution. That's what make people don't wanna walk in broad daylight there, unless they don't have money. For us, it's not that we didn't have money, but we just wanted to try doing so. So we did it. As expected, it was really hot.

Nevertheless, it really was fun. To lessen the fatigue, we entered Delta plaza and Tunjungan Plaza to have afresh feel at the AC inside it. Bringing a backpack with us, we sure did raise the attention especially form the securitites. Maybe they thought of us as terrorist placing a bomb. But we ignored them. Besides, we couldn't leave our luggage right?I was originally gonna but L'Arc~en~Ciel's newest album, but too bad none of the shops sold them.

To lighten things up, I bought rotiboy at TP. Finally got to buy one at my own cost. Despite being expensive for my standards,it sure was delicious, especially after the long walk from Gubeng. After finishing eating, we walked back to Gubeng. Luckily the weather wasn't that bot as when we walked to Tunjungan. It was kinda cloudy so lucky for us. Arriving at Gubeng, we immediately rested ourselves for some moments.

If Nandar didn't join me, It really would be a boring trip, coz after arriving at Gubeng, we had to wait for the next train for around 3 hours till half past 4. So we sat here and there, waiting for our train to come. For Nandar, he was just lucky coz he still got the chance to get some shots and film some trains passing by. He even offered me to go back to Semut Station were we had our filming the morning. But I decined since I was so tired.

Finally the train arrived. Although being 20 minutes late, it relly was a relief. Although we got the first train, we deliberately chose the last one so that we can choose any seats that were vacant. To make things more luckier, the train really went fast without ay major delays on the journey. We arrived at Malang quite on time despite the delay in the departure.

And so...that was the trip. Tiring but fun. Just too bad I didn't get the chance sleep at Adhi's. Not only that, we also did miss the chance to meet him when he came to the station. But I do hope I meet him one last time before I go to Australia. Hope that chance comes in this month. Next week will be at Jakarta. It's been more than a year and I hope there would be more stories ahead. C U next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment