Monday, December 14, 2009

Getting Lost…. (Part 1)

Ok…ok…I know it’s late….but the jetlag in me has just gone away which mean I can hopefully get back to my normal daily schedules. After getting back from NZ…things have been tough especially on regaining my usual biological timetable stable.....courtesy of the five hours difference….>.<

Rite….i wanted to write things as I experience the trip…but the lack of time….energy and proper equipment (laptop/PC) hindered me from doing so. But don’t worry….I still have all those wonderful memories and times in my head….besides….it’s still a week ago…I can’t just forget it that easily rite ;)

WHoaaahh….it all started on the night of 30th November. As I counted down all the things that I had to bring….i was picked up by Roy who would drive me to the domestic airport. Having thinking that I had not forgot anything, it turned out later on when I boarded the plane that I had forgot to bring 1 essential thing….mineral waterrr !!! damn….you just cannot forget this when your on a budget airline that doesn’t provide meals and drinks on flight >.<….Nevertheless…the ride on air wasn’t that much of a problem….I mostly slept there till I almost arrived to Sydney. This really saved me from the thirst that really itched my throat.

However…things got worst when I touched down and I was dying to grab a bottle of water. Coincidently, I had to have a small change for the shuttle bus to the international terminal, so there I went searching for a kiosk that sold water. Problem done and I had some change to ride the bus. At the international terminal, I directly checked myself in for the flight to Auckland and to Palmerston North. After that, I roamed around the place in search for some decent and halal food….again and finally….it went down to eating …..kebabs….:P Oh well….had no choice….honestly…the kebab wasn’t that delicious….but since I was starving…I just enjoyed it.

Finished eating…I originally wanted to go to the observation deck….but I ended up getting lost…so I just headed to the immigrations part….after that…the most dreaded part….X-Ray scans T_T….why I dread this section is due to the need to put off everything that has metal in it…that means watches, keys, belts and everything….damn….so tedious….>.<….but u gotta do it…so I had to after taking a long queue to do so.

Passing the x-ray…I was free…but having nothing do do…I just walked myself straight to the designated gate. To kill time..i phoned my honey. Having a 5 hours difference…it really felt strange as when I phoned her, it was still early morning whilst it was already at around 9 at Sydney. But then….we just chatted out anything we could till I was called inside the plane.

Inside the plane….my usual tendency came…falling asleep just after I sat on my seat. This really was such a pity coz there was a plentifull amount of on flight entertainment…for free!!!Though I did browse the options before take off…I only finally did enjoy and watched a film when I was already 1.5 hours airborne. This made me unable to finish of the movie that I watched .

Touchdown to Auckland….i quickly put myself out of the immigration section and checked in my continuing flight to Palmy. Needing to go to the domestic terminal…I wanted to go there viz shuttle bus…but since it was still empty…I ended up walking 10 minutes there in the midst of the windy weather aroung the airport. At the domestic airport….i was quite confused by the simplicity of the check-in sections where they only had machines to do it whereas humans were only used to take care of any passengers that had luggage….jeeezzz…when would Indonesian Airport be this simple…hope soon ;). Till kill time….i just roamed myself inside the domestic terminal…not forgetting to open the internet whilst there was free inet access there 


Boarding time…I was still amazed that they where using state of the art boarding machines that enabled us to just scan our boarding pass on to the machine without the use of any human assistance. But my amazement stoped rite after I passed the boarding gate. It suddenly went from high tech to just……primitive!!I mean…the celings suddenly became mere metals…no cement nor brick used for the walls…and it was directly right in front of the planes…not the jet planes…but the self propelled one…now…speaking of a flight with these kinds of planes…it sure is a first time. Luckily the interior was decent enough. So there I went…riding the “baling2 bambu” :D .

The flight itself was just for an hour. Nothing weird or special so I just played my NDS to fill in time. Arriving at Palmy…I was further made surprised that the airport was small….approximately just 4x the size of Malang’s local airport. Entering the building, I was greeted with Asep who was already waiting for me. He did look a bit chubby since my last encounter with hime around 3 years ago. Save the memories…we straightly headed for his house. Before arriving, we stopped by to by some dinner at a Thai resto. Arriving at his house, I was greeted by his brother and sister in law with their child. After some little introduction and chit chat, we had dinner together. After the platter….I still chatted with Asep’s sista before I finally ended up sleeping. A journey of 8 hours is really tiring. Not to mention the jetlag and time difference that really puzzle up my body. But the excitement and adventure was waiting me, so I couldn’t afford to feel tired, for there were many things that awaited me for the next couple of days…..

No comments:

Post a Comment