Thursday, December 24, 2009

Getting Lost.... (Part 5)

Final trip....I packed and checked all my belongings in my backpack. I made sure nothing was left over asides the souvenirs that I deliberately left behind for Erwin to give it to my family back home. It was early morning when I had to go to the airport. After saying my gratitudes to Erwin’s family, there I was out to Sydney, my final destination. The whole process in the airport was quick and smooth. But my only worry was when I touched down at Auckland. The time difference of only an hour or so to my connecting flight to Sydney made rushing to the international terminal. Luckily all seemed fine and I just had to lay back and wait for my flight back to ozzy.

In the plane, I made sure this time I’ld enjoy the inflight entertainment to its most. So rather than falling asleep as usual, I ended up watching a couple of movies. Not too bad eh ;). I was so enjoying it that I didn’t notice it was almost time to touch down at Sydney. On the ground, first thing for me to do was to get a pee as I had no chance of doing so since it was so crowded in the plane. Pass the immigrations and customs, I had to immidiately fine a transportation. Of all the choices, I opted for the shuttle bus as it sounded cheaper than the rest. And it wasn’t a bad choice after all as it dropped me right in front of the hotel .

Done with the checking in and lying down for some while, I was off out on the streets of Sydney...this time...completely on my own B-). I didn’t waste any time but to head straight to the Opera house. On my way, I walked pass hyde park and the botanical garden. It sure was a hot and long walk as i didn’t realize it took me more than an hour to finally reach the opera house by walking. But i did take my time by taking photos of the place and the surrounding sceneries. Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that i did stop by to get some lunch for myself in the main streets of Sydney. Just a simple fish and chips ;).

The walk back was tiresomen, courtesy of the hot weather. But I tried to enjoy things as i had no time to be tired since its my only chance in Sydney. At the house, I took a shower, prayed and then took a short nap. Having no ideas on what to do during the night, I thought going to the movies would be a good idea. Luckily 2012 was till n screens so I didn’t waste any chance to watch it. Before doing so, I didn’t forget to have my dinner of kebab before landing myself in front of the big screen. Done with the watching, I was thinking of heading back as I really felt tired, but i suddenly remembered to find a mosque. Alhamdulillah i found one close to the hotel. Done with the prayers, there I was back to my room and taking a rest after one hell of walking and travelling.

Last day, I woke up early, had a simple breakfast and kicked out the streets. This time, i thought going to Bondi wasn’t a bad idea, so i walked to the central railway and purchased a city sightseeing bus ticket. During my wait for the bus, I managed to get some short videos of the passing trains there for Nandar. In the bus, i enjoyed the sightseeing till i was done back again after 1.5 hours. From there on, it was a hellish walk for me as I dragged myself along Georges St to find The famous Apple store and the Kinokuniya Bookstore. At Kinokuniya, I was again mezmerized by the large choice of artbooks there. But, rather than going for Gundam’s, I chose Macross for a change. Done with it, I headed for the wildlife parkm just for a glimpse of a Koala and kangaroo ^^;. And though it wasn’t face to face and without the touching, I finally managed to see one rite in front of me for the first time ^_^.

After that, it was really a tiresome walk to the Circular Quay. Why i chose to get there was so that I can get a ride on the sights seeing bus rite along Geroges St once again. Eventhough i had an Ice Cream, the heat really worn me out quickly. The bus came and I hopped of at the street for my last destination...the Sydney tower. Though expensive, I would say the view and scenery from a couple of hundred meters above was astonishing. Of course, I didn’t forget to take pictures of the 360 degrees view from above. And after doing so, i walked and rushed for the nearest kebab store for lunch. Eating it at Hyde Park, I can say i was really hungry and tired from that neverending walk this day.

Back to the hotel to pick up my luggage, I stopped by at the mosque to pray before walking to the train station. There, I managed toget some train related gifts to Nandar before getting myself on the airport line. For a journey that short, $15 was surely expensive >_>. But there wasn’t much choice as the other methods were fairly the same price too. Arriving at the airport, I quickly checked in, pass the x-rays and quietly waited at the gate while muching an apple pie and fries from McD. I didn’t forget to have Alfian to help pick me up once arriving at Perth.

During the flight, i wanted to sleep, but i just couldn’t get myself to do so soundly. This eventually would cause me problems the next couple of days later on. On Perth, it was dusk and Luckily i wasted no time going back home as Alfian was there to pick me up. Back home, nothing much was done asides web browsing before getting to bed. In the end, It was really one exiting week, full of new experiences for me. It also forced myself to face new and sudden environments and to adapt to it. Will I ever get lost again in the future??why not :D . . .it’s not a bad idea and Is surely would do it given I have the time and funds insya Allah.
Owari :D

No comments:

Post a Comment