Thursday, December 17, 2009

Getting Lost…. (Part 2)

Fiuuuhhh . . . next day eh . . . well…I started of quite lazy. The jetlag and tiredness of the flight really ached my body. But it’s not as bad when u travel west. But anyway, i introduced myself to asep’s bro. It turned out he was a lecturer at FEUB too. After the small chit chat, I took a bath, breakfast and headed out with Asep to his campus. The reason so was that he had to finish of some errands. As I waited for him, I was given his inet access at the campus’s library. For the next 2.5 hours using the inet, I just browsed and surfed what ever was on my mind. Too bad I wasn’t allowed to download anything. But it was still a bliss since it was free to me after all :P.

It was around noon when I finished my session and we went to the city’s (the only one though :P) mall. There we had lunch and I brought myself a local number so that I can contact others with a local rate. Out to the streets, it still cloudy and it showed that rain would drop by any moment. But we just walked on the streets. I finally found one store that sold quite cheap NZ souvenirs. Hence I brought myself a couple of shirt for those back home. Done with that, we planned to head back to his campus since Asep still hadn’t finished his work, but it turned out to rain again. But we just ran thru it and made it to his car. Arriving on his office, I still just browsed the inet as there wasn’t much thing for me to do.

As night came, we still had dinner at his place. But since we had little to do, we ended up roaming the city for some fresh air. As we parked at the city, we walked thru the city square and I asked him to make me some solo photo’s for future memories. Too bad I didn’t have a pocket camera with me as I was too reliant on my cellphone. But luckily Asep brought his camera with hime. Finished with the photo, we turned out to be still hungry. This was normal as the weather at Palmy that night was almost like as if it was winter despite the fact that it’s supposed to be summer.But eniwei, we ended up having a drink and snack at a place called Mao’s bar. Though it was just a cup of moccacino and some fries, we did have a good chat and went nostalgic on some of our high school days.

Back at home, we were supposed to sleep early as tomorrow we planned to head for Wellington. But our night again turned out ot be full of chat. This time…it was all bout anime . . . specially gundam !! of course we added some other stuffs like macros and code geass . . . jeezzz…that’s what u get when two anime lover collide…endless nights of anime talks and chit chat :)).

And as expected…we did woke up late the next morning. We planned to wake up on 7…but we overshot it to half an hour later. We got out aroung a 10 minutes after 8. But before we hit the roads to Wellington, we stoped by to Asep’s office for some minor things to him. On the road to Wellington, it was all fine and breezy, not to mention the view and scenery that this country had to offer. It only turned worst when we reached the last third of our journey as rain started to pour heavily to the earth.

As we entered Welly, we kick started by finding the first place that we would visit. It was decided to be Weta cave, some sort of movie company that took care of special effects and animations. Their portfolio of works includes some prolific movies such as LOTR and the Narnia Chronicle’s. But when we arrived there, it turned to be just a small museum that had all their works in glass displays -_-. Oh well….forget the hyperbolism of NZ tourism (which I would further experience for the next couple of days), we stopped by to a souvenir shop. Here, the prices were cheaper than the one in Palmy and also more choices. Hence, I didn’t hesitate to buy the needed souvenirs for families and friends back at ozzy and Indo.

Done with the shopping, we headed to down town Welly. The rain still dropped down, but just in small intervals. Our choice of lunch was an Indian restaurant. But again, our choice kinda backfired as the dish turned out to be small despite the normal price we paid >_>. Jeezz….this did eventually cause us to starve again a couple of hours later especially in the rainy and cool weather. Nevertheless, we continued to walk down the streets of Welly for sightseeing. However, we did drop by to their national museum. In here, honestly I was amazed by how they concept ed and made the entire museum to be so damn modern yet trendy. It didn’t even look like the typical museum that you would think of :P. Inside, we looked on the geographical part of NZ, their Maori heritage and some history on the migration into NZ.

The later part of our time in Welly was spent by visiting one of the crowded streets in Welly which was called Lambton Place (if I’m not wrong :P). Here, we dropped by to enjoy a cup of coffee at Starbucks before we decided to head back home. The hotness of the coffee surely did ease the coldness in our body due to the cool weather outside. After the last sluurrpp….we headed back home to Palmy. Along the trip back, nothing much happened. We only stopped as a certain bay to get a catch and photo of its scenery. On the last half of our trip, I swapped place by driving the car. Not to bad though, just a little bit nervous due to my first experience driving something on unknown road. But luckily nothing bad happened on the way.

We finally entered home around 7. Again, we dropped by at his office for his little errands. After supper and a warm chat with his family, we decided it was a day. This time, we made sure we slept early. We couldn’t affor to be late the next day as we planned to visit 2 towns all together.

Tsuzuku . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment