Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BREAK !!

Haha . . . the above might have many meanings . . . but in my case, it has to do more with making something not working. And why does it have anything to do with me? Well . . for me . . . I seem to have this bizarre love and hate relationship with gadgets . . . any gadgets especially that have to do with sophisticated technology. Love . . . for I really do like how they can easily simplify our daily life and how they really help us enjoy life, but hate . . . it all goes down to one thing . . . I always have the sheer tendency to break almost every single gadget that goes to my possession . . .

You might think I’m exaggerating things . . . unfortunately no . . . it has been the case in the past years. And it was just recently that I just realized this uber weird tendency of mine. It all started by my mom’s attention on how I would almost break anything I would use. And my uncles last night again confirmed this when we had some chit chat. One of my uncles said, I was literally born to break and destroy things >.< . Wow . . . now that’s not something you would really be proud of . . .
Nevertheless, some of you might be wondering, what things have I succeeded in destroying, making it not work, or at least breaking some parts. Well. . Here’s the concise list of things I’ve achieved over the past years . . . courtesy of anatomyinteristi :D . . . .

1. My PDA, it was an iPAQ something made by Hewlett Packard. Given by my dad who got it by some gift or door prize he said as a replacement for my stolen mobile phone. The antenna finally gave in as it broke up leaving the inner cords exposed. It happened after like 2-2.5 years of usage. On average, it was quite long, but not long enough to survive my “black aura”
2. My iPod, I’m talking bout the white iPod video my dad again gave me. It just suddenly passed away without any known cause early last year.
3. My laptop, the ACER one. Yep . . . that one just went kaboom to its IC’s on the mobo after a mere 1.5 years after I bought it .
4. Nokia 7610, this one was given down by my mom after I’ld broken the antenna of my PDA. Used it around 1-1.5 years before it abruptly wasn’t able to send text messages . . .
5. The Honda Accord Cielo, my dad’s favourite car. Again, this one also received my wrath as it has been pounded by numerous scratches on its lower left bumper . . . it is also still continuing to be tortured by unfortunately not sufficient care of usage . . .
6. My Brotha’s Creative MP3 player . . . I wouldn’t forget this one as it just went dead after I borrowed and used it . . . obviously . . . it did leave a bemused and unpleasant face on my brother as he just had it for a week !
7. My bicycle . . . the first one I used in Perth. This one wasn’t new and I just bought it for $40. After a 1.25 year of service, it finally gave in with complex problems on its gear, tires and brakes . . . really sad as I did love the bike coz of its service it gave to me . . . . . :((
8. Ah yes . . . the Toyota Corolla . . . this one had its radiator pipe kaboom in the middle of a journey to home on 2007. Though it’s still in service in the hands of my dad now, it still had to endure an extensive service and repair to get it back on the roads.
9. My room’s handle . . . this one really caught the attention of my uncle as he was amazed how such a simple thing could have been broken in my hands as it was meant to withstand daily usage . . .
10. The gate locks . . . looking by this one . . . anyone would be staggered on how I could have broke the keys into two while it was still inside the locks . . .
11. If you want to include another . . . add my recent mobile which was the SE C902 . . . though still in good shape, it did experience a sudden break down in terms of not able to start up. The repair cost . . . a whopping $60 bucks :-S
12. The sink at my workplace . . . this one really happened unexpectedly as I forgot to lower the water and instead opened the smallest knob, blowing out the whole water from the wall T_T

Well . . . that’s some to list. And Im quite certain there are still dozens of things I’ve broken but haven’t been listed above. Damn . . . gotta really use things with the utmost care and respect, as they all seem to break down at one point sooner or later . . . With all those above, I do remember Kamen Rider Decade’s saying . . . the destroyer of worlds . . .well . . . in my case . . . I guess I’m the destroyer of gadgets . . . .

3 comments:

  1. pengelana dimensi jd pengelana hidup...
    destroyer of worlds jadi destroyer of gadgets...
    ckckck :-?

    ReplyDelete
  2. asal engga destroyer of people aja deh :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:45 am

    asal engga destroyer of people aja deh :D

    ReplyDelete