Tuesday, March 30, 2010

. . . with Distinction :)

Accounting (Business and Society) 571 . . . warm and interesting as I learned the new horizons and perspectives on how accounting could have and had contributed to business and society. The only class that had more than 8 people till the end of my studies :P. What was memorable? The period of the 3 weeks of hell where I had to prepare a presentation in the midst of a fever >.< .

Accounting (Financial Theory) 561 . . . a 360 degree approach from the normal accounting theory I received in my bachelor days. A more intriguing yet demanding class till the end. Hoped that all lecturers in Indonesia were as fun and motivating as Alistair Brown eventhough he was demanding in the assignments :P

Accounting (Managerial) 565 . . . a more discussion packed class. Thought of having calculations, but it was really more on the managerial kind of things and how it affected the accounting aspect of the company. Forced us to take a holistic and comprehensive view of a company’s case in order to solve the matter.

Auditing (Issues) 570 . . . you would think it was the “real” auditing stuff . . . instead . . . it was more discussion on how auditing affected and was affected by other things. Had lesser students. The funniest part was Inderpal’s cheek that was always red :)).

Accounting (Financial Issues) 562 . . . back with Grantley . . . this time with a more real accounting touch with all those journals and debit credit thingys. Introduced us to the IFRS and all its tib dits. Still….hard to impress him on the final assignments. Nevertheless, it did refresh us on how to do basic accounting matters :D

Accounting (Governance and Ethics) 564 . . . just 4 people . . . the least till that time . . . again….just discussions but this time it was more on the ethical parts of accountants and their challenges. Made us look deeper into the various conditions that could lead to ethical problems in real life cases.

Accounting (Statement Analysis) 573 . . . the most bloodiest and hardest class till the end that I consider. An endless waltz of work on the appointed company to reveal and make a valiation for the next 3 years T_T. But with the help and assistance from fellow group mate, managed to end it beautifully with the highest mark on that semester B-).

Accounting (Financial Issues) 563 . . . broke the record for having the least students . . . just 3 !! Hence, class had to be cancelled and it was made to a office discussion in Alistair’s room. The assignments were again horrendous as we had to read chunks and heaps of journals. But this time . . . it paid off well as I finally gained a HD for his class xD

Accounting (Information Systems) 572 . . . first class in the evenings . . . couldn’t make the most of things due to the lack of discussions and insighty I gain from previous encounters in my bachelor days. But it did add some usefull knowledge on the IS part. A fair result was gained in the end :).

Applied Statistics 501 . . . a mandatory unit that I had to take due to the nature of my course :( . Learning stats again from square one . . . it really took me some heavy and tremendous efforts to secure a HD mark for this unit. The only good things here was that I learned how to use SPSS for stats stuffs :P.

Statistical Data Analysis 674 . . . the sistes unit of the above one . . . it does complement each other for this unit as it implies, puts more emphasis on the analysing part of the statistical result. Had the most students in class around 20 as it was a mixed class from various courses. Couldn’t make the best out of this due to some groupwork disagreements :((.

Accounting (Advanced Auditing) 576 . . back with all the auditing process and stuffs and also back with Inderpal :P. This one really refreshened and put a better insight to me on how audits should be really done. Could have gained better marks had I been more thoughtful on the audit materials that I had previously.

Accounting (Public Sector) 567 . . . all I can say is that this unit went anti climax for me. A mixture of bad luck, insufficient knowledge because of the lack of discussion and teachings on ozzy public sector matters and the stern attitude of the teacher. And it all was wraped up with a final assignment that had nothing to do with public sector itself :-S

Business Research Methods 600 . . . a nite class again…this time with a nihon jin :D. Though didn’t have the chance to practice my nihongo . . . things were up and down for me in this class as I frequently skipped class due to the in evitable boredom of the class. In the end, had to make up a good research proposal just to secure a distinction mark.

Finance (Principles) 515 . . . again . . . another force majeur class that I had to attend duet to mnay of my intended units being phased off. The good thing is, I had another chance to rebuild my finance basic after some not so happy times with finance back in my bachelor days. Though the marks weren’t that good, I would say I was happy enough attending this class ;)

And there goes, my 16 unit period of fast packed and killer moments of study and hard core assignments. The reward? A mention of distinction on my graduation certificate is something I really didn’t suspect would come. Happy? Sure I am :D. At least I know that my two years hard work has finally paid off to some extent. But be not complacent, for this is also the start of a new beginning, the start of my ascending to the work force. My only hope that what I have learnt in Uni up till now is enough as my basic to start work and earn a living for myself. It’ll obviously be tougher, but that’s life . . . ;)

11022010 . . . . :)

No comments:

Post a Comment