Saturday, October 20, 2007

PV Review : DAYBREAK'S BELL


The latest single from L'Arc~en~Ciel. This time, it's also an OST for the latest Gundam series which is Gundam 00 scheduled to air in October.The song itself is about war, which is explisitly implied throughout the song. By this only, it does certainly match Gundam because the anime itself is all about war.

The clip starts off in a Hogwarts style, I mean....all personels row on a boat as in the Harry Potter movies. The roblem here is that...the rowing scene is quite cheesy. I can really tell that the scene is fake. Not only that, all personels aside Tetsu can't act to make the scene more realistic. They just all watch forward without trying to make an improvement to make the scene look real.

Next...we move on to the center stage, depicted as if in the middle of a ruined city. The band performances were decent as usual, nothing special. The scenes here were taken as if they were singing in the middle of an air bombardment with interchanging scenes were a women in red is running through the bombardment. Nice thing. But they could have made things real for the city ruins. The planes used for the bombardment were enough.

Eventhough still enjoyable, I believed they could have made the PV more impressive. For me, even the SEVENTH HEAVEN PV looks more great. Much of the scenes in the PV looked as if they were made in a rush. I have no qualms about he band performances. Standard as usual. You wouldn't expect hyde to dance like in the two previous PV coz this song doesn't allow to do such things.

Oh yeah.one other thing is the poor usage of english...again?!When I first heard the song, I was wondering...what the hell is hyde trying to say in the refrain part twice?It was not only when I got the translation I finally got an understanding of what he said. He said "My Wish is over their Airspace" and "My Life I trade In for your Pain". Honestly...hyde should really improve his English in the near future. Poor english speaking in the songs really affect the enjoyment of the song, even not in a whole.

I guess that's all for now. If I'm not mistaken the next release will be a P'Unk~en~Ciel special single followed by their nex album named KISS. So I believe this makes this single the last one before the next album is released. For the PV...I guess 3,5 stars out of 5 would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment