Friday, May 18, 2007

2 Weeks and Speeding

Here i'am, back in front of my monitor, writing this blog. Well....it may be just an ordinary blog, blog, but as it implies, a blog also sereves as a mean to state ones mind.

2 weeks and counting, my thesis tests is finally decided, which is on the 31st of May. It seems that the only male on the test date would be me and Arif, the others are all female with a total of around 5-6 people joining the exams. And like other exams, i do have to admit that it really makes me nervous. But being just nervous i guess doesn't finish off anything, and so i try to prpare myself studying whats really needed for the tests.

Around last Wednesday, i went to campus. Some things that i had to finish off and meet with. The first one was about my thesis summary cover. This matter nearly made me pissed off. It's all because off that the requirements off the submission didn't clearly say that i had to make such thing, and it seemed this caused some misperception even among the staffs in the depatement office. But, rather thatn argue and ending myself in another potential trouble, I had to obey what the staffs said. It's just annoying that even the staffs have different perception among whats supposed to be clear and rigid.

Nest was to meet Elok. She offerred me this great book about CSR, which is my thesis topic. And aftera quick glance at it, it really was something to belong. I mean, it nearly contained all the things i had to know about CSR. It's quite a pity i knew about this book after i submitted my registration. Nevertheless, I bought it anyway, it might even come in handy since I might get some things that aren't available yet to my database.

LAst stop, to meet wendra. It wasn't an appoinment since he was attending his thesis exams. But i felt that i had to come and encourage him. It's also his second test since he failed his first one after being slaughtered by his examiner. And since it was just 2 weeks prior my exam, I think coming on such events might help me get to know the true feeling on what might i feel or i experience when doing my tests. Eventhough i've been to such occasions before, this one really did give me a close impression on how it feels while doing your thesis exams.

Other things??Not much, except picking up my new ceelphone and meeting up with galih. About my cellphone, I had to swich to another cellphone due to my PDA not able to receive or make a phone call due to it's speaker being broke. Luckily my mom had a spare cellphone. But since it was also broken, i thought I'd try to repair it. Luckily dad gave permission to repair it due to the high cost, in the end, I think it's worth it. Not being able to receive or make calls really does bother you. You just wouldn't know when you might have to make or receive a call in times off emergency. The only set back for me having to use this old-new cellphone is that I now again have to get myself accustomed to use it with just my thumbs. It's been around 3 years since I haven't used a cellphone with only one hand. This was because my prveious cellphones required me to used it on both hands, which was my stolen nokian 3300 and my recently broke PDA. Eventhough in the end I need to do some adaptation, I guess it's a welcome change.

Not to forget galih. It's been a while since we ahd our trip togetehr to selorejo with the others. It seems we had some kind of misundertsanding on when to meet. In the end, i had to give in and let him visit my house due to myself not understanding his message properly. He was there for about an hour or so, but we did really have a nice chat. I also got some usefull information regarding Telkom Speedy, a broadband internet service. He explained to me the ins and outs of it. It sure gave me brighter view on how to view it. Personally, I was thinking of subscribing to this service, but some things have made me to postpone it for the moment. One of those things are beacuse i have to prepare for the exams. The other things are about asking permission and finding out wether subcribing to it is worth it or not.

Well, I hope in the near future i'm able to subscribe to it. I really do need it cause having to go to the internet cafe really bothers me sometimes. It's mainly that you just don't feel at home while browsing. The other things is that since I like to download various stuffs, going to the internet cafe really sucks because you have to match the perfect time and day in order to get a maximum download rate, something which is really hard and painfull often. And so, I asked my brothers on helping out on doing a joint venture to buy a ASDL modem in order for me to subscribe. I'm sure it'ld benefit all of us. Especially Bgaoes and me use the internet often. I aslo don't have to wait in front of the monitor just to make sure i've finished my downloads. Hope I'll be able to subscribe soon after my tests are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment