Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Hunt for a Future

Stair's to the seventh. . .Running up to Heaven Yeah !!!!


Sorry for the quote there. It's just i was listening to laruku's latest single called SEVENTH HEAVEN when i start writing. As for the title, I took the liberty to copy the title of a certain film which had a similar title to this.

Enough for title's, let's continue to the main course. The clock's ticking faster and faster as the date of my thesis test comes closer. The pressure itself is sure piling up within my nerves. I tried to keep calm and collected while the date comes closer. But it seems that I can't just ignore the real pressure that's coming within me.

The past days have been spent on hunting down approval on my thesis examination. The assurance on my examinees actually was available on monday noon, but i decided to find out the next day. The next day, as I found out who my examinees were, I had to start finding the persons listed. Too bad for that day, I only found 1 of them. For my counslour, he wasn't available till friday. And as for the other one, I had to wait for her on Thrusday morning after she had finished her lecture.

Well, I did eventually get all of the approval's needed. But still, some problems lies in front of me. My counselour suddenly ask wether the examinations could be either put in advance or postponed. It turn out he had to attend (again) a certain matter, causing him to ask us about the schedule. The problem wasn't from us, as for I and Rani initially agreed, but it came from the departement office. They couldn't initially aprrove the schedule being put advance or postponing them because of unknown reasons. They only said to come again on Monday for further information regarding this matter. In the End, I did have a certainty on my examinations, but when?? Guess I'm gonna have to find out later.

That's for my approval hunt. But still there are other things to be hunted down, especially by the cops. Speaking of which, there was a massive internet cafe raid conducted this week. The raid was conducted in order to sweep IC (I'll say this for Internet Cafe) using ilegal software within their computers. The result was that many IC's immediately closed their places in fear of also getting raided. The next day, IC's were really crowded everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised coz the IC' that were raided were popular IC's in Malang like the Raya net group and Surya Group. The area that had the most IC's raided were in the Dieng area (near my house), so the 3 IC's operating there which were RAYA Dieng Net, Surya Net and Pojok Net immediately got shutted down. That's why the IC's that survived were flooded with users the following day.

Concerning this matter, I wouldn't argue wether ilegal software should be wiped out. To me, I don't care wether it's ilegal or legal software. As long the price suites me, I'll go for anything. But the fact is here that legal softwares are sure expensive to get our hands on. I guess that's way people here prefer to use ilegal ones instead. But for IC's using ilegal ones, I do have to admit that's one kind of silly mistake. Why I say a silly mistake, coz as a commercial place, they should have known in the first place that doing such things could cause them to be raided by the police sooner or later. And concerning about the prive to purchase a legal software, I think it's absurd if they say they can't afford it. Let's say, if an hour cost around Rp 3000 and a computer is used around 15 hours a day, we'll get around Rp 45.000 a day. And usually an IC in Malang has around at least 30 computers to start with. With that, you'll get Rp 1.350.000 a day. In a month, a gross omzet of around 40 millions rupiah wouldn't be immposible to aim. With that much money, at leats they should have invested on buying legal softwares one by one. But stiil, they took the risk on using ilegal ones which caused them to be raid. Besides, who says that only popular softwares could only be used. There are loads of freeware out there that have the same functions with usual and popular ones. Which means, not using popular but ilegal softwares wouldn't harm anyone. It's just that for everything new, everone has to learn a bit. I just wonder, why people nowadays are soooooo lazy to learn something new???

I guess that's all. Besides that, I don't there other things to discuss. Even if there are, I'm sure it would be again an neverending complain about how my nerves are getting the best of me before my examination. Next time, I really do hope i have my degree. So, let's hope I write again in a succesfull condition, See ya next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment