Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Drama Review : Jumong

Where did I first here this drama..???Ah ya....I got to know this drama at my manga rental. At first, I was apprehensive on the story. But then...it turned out to be a marvelous drama.

The story itself is a true story based on an ancient Korean artefact that depicts the story of the Three Kingdoms of Korea. In this drama, it's about Jumong, a prince who then founded Goguryeo Kingdom.

Eventhough it's a true story, due to the lack of resources, many artistical license was done in order to make a story. Nevertheless, I think they made up the rest of the story in a great way. I do have to admit, for it's time background, it flows smoothly without almost any superstitious things that migt happen due to the time background.

What makes me like this drama is the strorytelling is really down to earth. From how they depict the roots of the intrigues till the very end of the story. Not to mention the gorgeus looks of the main cast, especially for Han hye Jin who plays the role So Seo No. Her face is quite a beauty, having both gentleness and firm looks for a women. Even compared to BoA (my favorite korean artist), I think she does surpass BoA's beauty.

About the artistic license done, I think this drama wouldn't have made it without this, But then, I some how feel that the artistic license taken doesn't really depicts what really has been and hasn't been founded at the time. For instance, the sotan and smoke bomb. It really was good to have these kind of things, but have these things been invented at that time?Another thing is the catapult thing. If i'm not mistaken, such things started to exist by the beginning of the second millenium. IF I want to list them, it would be a lot to do.

Anyway, the theme of the drama itself is still very relevant to nowadays topics. Lets take for example on the diplomacy and war between kingdoms and regions. Don't forget how they try to out wit each other during fights and sorts. And how they us hostages a a diplomatic to to threaten each other. Such things can still be observed now. Last but least, if I were to rate it, I think five out of five would do. You could rarely find historical drama's tthis good with a fine mix of romance and war.


No comments:

Post a Comment