Sunday, June 17, 2007

Steady As I Go

Fuuuhhhh. . . .maaannn. . .being in a state of nothing to do sure makes me bored. Since knowing that I've passed my exams, I've been wondering what to do and other trivial stuffs. Eventhough I've got a revision, which by now I've finished, the thought of wanting to do something sure is something temptating.

It's been some time since I've been in this state. The last was when I graduated from High School. The period between Graduation and the campus entrance exams sure were tight. But then, the pressure can't be compared to what I've just experienced. For a comparasion, my thesis exams really made my heart beat fast.

Anyway, I've tried to make myself occupied. I've recently made some schedules for myself in order to drive out the boresome environment that I'm now facing.

I started out with some physical activities. Ever since my last sickness due to some typhus symptoms, my physical condition hasn't been good enough. I periodically still face some flu if my condition drops. Not to mention gaining some weight up to 82 kilo's. I feel like a walking pillow here. Overweight and chubby. That's why I planned on some physical excersises. To not strain things, I've made my schedule so that I don't suddenly burden myself with heavy activities beyond my ability. Like the old saying "Steady As She Goes". I thought that I'ld do it slowly but towards a sure pace.

Besides physical exercises, I've been also thinking to dwell in some spiritual rituals. I do have to admit, it's time for me to at least make myself close to Allah SWT. You'll just never know when your time has come. Like my physical exercise, I aranged my schedule so that I wouldn't strain myself suddenly.

What next. . . ??Ah ya. . .I've mentioned before that I'm gonna have to continue my studies abroad. And because of that, I guess my days here in Malang are numbered. Lets say around 7 month. And because of that, I do have to prepare myself to take an English exams, wether it be TOEFLor IELTS. These are to fulfill the requirements of entrance.

speaking of where I'm gonna go, ha.ha..I guess it's gonna be around Australia. But which campus...??Still clueless here. Right now, I'm currently gathering any information regarding campuses in Australia that would suit me. It sure isn't an easy task, but I guess I should be carefull. You don't wanna end up in a campus that doesn't suit your academic and personal criteria.

And speaking of my preparation towards this, I recently atended a seminar on IELTS preparation. The event iself was organized by IDP, UTS, and INSEARCH. The event was informative luckily. Not to mention the gorgeous female presenter that was there. Too bad she didn't get much speaking time. And also the coffee break and the food. For a free event, I do agree that the services were top notch. The only thing that dissapointed me was the book on IELTS preparation that they offered. I did by the book, but after a look I found he contents were not as the title implies. Well, if you wanna prepare IELTS from a grammar point of view, I guess the book works. But I was hoping the book was more like the usuall TOEFL preparation book were they have various kinds of mock up questions to train ourselves.

Don't forget my Mandarin courses. Well, I have registered for the courses but I really have no idea when it's gonna start. It's because they said that the class hasn't reached it's minimum number of students to start. Guess I'm gonna have to wait again. And for my Japanese lessons, It's currently on a hiatus for a moment due to the majority of the class having a final semester tests. He..he..luckily I don't have to go all that pain any more. But still, it's some how feels nostalgic.

Other trivial things besides what I've mentioned is that important. It's just reading books, manga, surfing, watching movies and dramas. Since I've got all the time in the world, I guess I should finish off my movie and manga collection that I haven't laid my hands on. At last, I have time to do this kinda job.

Oh well, for the next 7 month, I do hope interesting things happen. It's to make my life more merrier since that I'm no longer a college student . . . . . just a future postgraduate student. . hi..hi..hi..^^

No comments:

Post a Comment