Thursday, July 19, 2007

PV Review : SEVENTH HEAVEN


Finally I got the chance to make a review of this MV. Well, coincidencely, I've just finished downloading the MV through the internet. eventhough it took quite some time (coz of the bittorent), I guess it was worth it. What made me more glad is because of the high quality that I've just downloaded. I did get this MV before, but it was really in poor quality (.flv).

Anyway, for the fans, it's sure a while after laruku released their last single. After Link (their last single), the fans have been kept wondering when will laruku produce their new material. This was mainly because of the members doing their solo works. And for around a year, laruku didn't make any news as a group.

Back to the PV. Since it's the first single for a while, I do agree that fans were expecting something. Indeed, the song itself has raised curiosity before even it was officially released. It was because the song ahs been aired around 40 days before it's initial release.

since the song has a strong tone of techno, I personally wondered that the PV would look more rockier. But then, it turned out far than my expectations. It didn't turn out poor, but I was left amazed by the merry and colourfull look the PV had in it. Don't forget hyde's body dance through out the song. Certainly, laruku knows how to surprise their fans.

The setting of the PV was taken in a box, something like Killing Me PV. Instead of flying people like in that PV, we get dancers dancing on the floor in front of the band members. And the dancers on both sides of the box. It sure had many dancers. They used the CG to make sure the dancers turned out on time during the PV.

As for the members, nothig notable I guess besides hyde's gesture. I think they got to much shoots on hyde and tetsu. As for tetsu, his hair style was simillar to the style he used at the 15th L'Anniversary concert a few month earlier. About Ken, he's in his usuall black outfit. Don't forget Yukihiro, well, he looks more thin as before. But for his stance during the whole MV, I think it's kinda odd not to see him play the drums while crossing his arms.

Overall, I think the PV still stands out to L'Arc's other ones. Especially for the color it has in it. But still, I'm very sure L'Arc can make PV much better than this one. The one thing that I don't like in the PV is the excessive amount of dancers in thse weird outfits. I hope their next PV would fare more better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment